Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Sunny New Year!





Happy 2008! It's officially that time of year when you have to try to make 7's into 8's. I'm a pro since I'm prone to making a lot of boo boos! Since I've been on break from my FT job I've been fairly productive in my studio. Proof is in the puddin'. You're reading it...an art blog. My NY's resolutions are more like goals that I THINK I can achieve rather than wishes about my pant size. Mostly, they are about art and what I would like to achieve each year. I'm on a 10 year plan to become a free-lance illustrator. That means I'll retire as a FT art teacher and then illustrate for children's books, greeting cards, scrap book companies, etc. So, in order to get closer to that goal, I had to go WORLD WIDE BABY! This blog is step 1. (well, after doing kick butt artwork of course!) Eventually, I'll have a real web site, a good scanner, mass post cards with a mass mailing list. But today and tomorrow, I'm still discovering what I REALLY like to do and what the public are willing to spend their hard earned dimes on. THAT is a good question! So, when you like something you see on my blog site...let me know. Of course, the ultimate compliment is an offer to purchase!

These 3-d suns have been selling well! They are pretty fun to make but I'm ready to move onto another form. Stay tuned for the next cre8ion!