Monday, January 7, 2008

Mom and Dad

Are we born to be artists? Is there an artist in all of us and the way we continue to cre8 is by being nurtured properly? Or does one or a couple of things along our life's path lead us to become an artist? These are all good questions that I don't think anyone knows the answer to, however, if you feel you do PLEASE leave me a comment...I'd love to hear your thoughts.

For me I think I had some sort of natural interest in working with my hands. However, I wouldn't be where I am today writing this cre8ive blog without my parents encouragement. Man oh man, when I found this picture today hidden on one of those almost extinct floppy disks it just made my day. There are so many good feelings when I look at this picture. For those of you that don't know, my dad died a couple of years ago unexpectadely. My mom is such a trooper and she keeps on working (way too much) and spoiling us kids. But both of them believed in me and my art and made me have the confidence to study it in college. They bought me endless supplies of paint, canvas, paper, pens, pencils, batteries for my electric pencil sharpener, drawing tables, easels...you name it! My parents always mentioned how much they liked my work. My dad had me paint a Christmas picture on their living room window one year. My mom gave me personal requests for work she'd like on her walls. These parents of mine aren't artists themselves. They didn't teach me how to paint, draw, or think of crazy ideas in my head. They encouraged me to be what I loved to do. That is by far the BEST gift they have ever given me. I love you mom and dad. And also, all of you that have shown me so much support in all my cre8ive ventures!!!

Speaking of cre8ive ventures...my next art show is February 9th from 6-9 at Carmela Winery. It is a beautiful venue with lots of wine, live jazz, and amazing art for sale. If you plan on eating dinner there you will also get your admission ($20) waived! Believe me, even if you do pay the $20 it is sooo worth it! Lots of free wine to sample, lots of delicious food to munch on, and the art and music is superb! I'd love to see all of my regulars as well as a new face or two! Have a good night! I've got to get to sleep to handle all of those crazy teenagers tomorrow. :)