Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Daisies at Sunday Lake


A weird thing happens when someone you love passes away. You find out things you never knew before. Suddenly little things mean more than they ever did. So, when my dad passed away a couple of years ago, I found out his nickname in high school was Daisy. A little strange for a former Chief of the Air Force to have a floral name, I think. When I went back to his home town, Wakefield Michigan to visit his grave site, I walked around the hub of the little town, Sunday Lake. I took many photos because it was a beautiful day with many beautiful vistas. One shot I was excited to get was one with Daisies in the foreground with the lake in the back. I'm sure anyone else that may have gotten a shot of daisies with lakes in the background would never have gotten as satisfied as I was at that moment. I got back to Idaho and went to work on a color pencil drawing of that scene. For Christmas this year, I gave my mom the piece all framed in a beautiful custom frame with suede matting. She cried, I cried, and we hugged. Isn't that what Christmas is all about? HA!
I think it's always interesting to see an artist's interpretation of a landscape. So, now you can see the photo I took along with the art results. I encourage you to look through your photos, find a shot you like, and try to draw or paint it. You don't have to put it on a blog site for the whole world to see so there isn't any real pressure. If you DO like it, however, send me an email with the artwork attached! I'd love to see it and hey, maybe I'll even post it to my blog! Keep Cre8ing!!!!