Tuesday, December 29, 2009



I HEART color pencil! My poor high school art student's know it! The one thing they don't know is that I experiment with color pencil as much as I can....This piece is done on copper! I got a 5" x 7" piece of copper from Dick Blick (online) and patined (sp?) it. Once it had a nice green and white tint to it I started adding my design with color pencil.

When I was visiting the Oregon coast I fell in love with the trees effected by the ocean winds and knew I HAD to draw one. Since my dad passed away, my mom and I have noticed a lot of "spots" in our photos. Some people believe they are spirit guides of people we have sent to the other side. So, I've added a lot of "spirit guides" to this design. Whether you believe or not....it is an asthestically pleasing design...right?